Legal Action Facts
As the nation's leading student loan servicer, Navient helps more than 12 million borrowers navigate loan repayment through proven solutions that fit their individual circumstances. And it's working: borrowers we service are 31 percent less likely to default and 49 percent of loan balances we service for the government are enrolled in income-driven repayment. We have consistently sought clear regulatory standards that apply to all and safeguard the best interests of borrowers, and we continue to support a strong central consumer regulator. Learn more below about the facts on recent legal action.
Interview: Navient CEO Jack Remondi: CFPB is more interested in filing lawsuits than fixing student loan servicing
Publication: Washington Post
Date: Jan. 2017
Author: Danielle Douglas-Gabriel
Apr. 10, 2017 Navient statement on April 10, 2017 article
Apr. 4, 2017 Navient statement on April 3, 2017 article
- May 15, 2017 Navient reply in support of motion to dismiss in federal case (PDF)
- March 24, 2017 Overview of Navient motion to dismiss in federal case (PDF)
- March 24, 2017 Navient motion to dismiss in federal case (PDF)
- March 20, 2017 Overview of Navient motions to dismiss in state cases (PDF)
- March 20, 2017 Navient motion to dismiss in Illinois (PDF)
- March 20, 2017 Navient motion to dismiss in Washington (PDF)
If you're a Navient customer, we created a web page to clear up any confusion you might have about what the lawsuits mean for you or your loans, as well as share the facts about these false allegations. Please know we remain committed to providing you the best service possible as you continue down the path of loan repayment, and do not expect these lawsuits to impact our ability to serve you in any way.